A Quick Crash Course on VA Loans
So you served in the military and gained some pretty wicked life skills. Impressive! The military offers so much—but . . . did you learn about home loans and mortgages? Specifically, we’re wondering if you’ve heard of the VA Loan?
A Veterans Affairs Loan is a massive benefit you don’t want to miss, especially if you’ve done the work to earn access to it. After all, you’ve served in the armed forces, put some parts of your life on hold—like settling down, perhaps—to give back to your country. That deserves acknowledgment and any benefits that come with it.
The information you are looking for about mortgages inevitably is tied to your current home financing needs and goals. Click on one or more of the following statements that best describes you to find helpful articles relevant to your situation.
I'm a first-time homebuyer.
- 9 Homeowner Tasks to Prepare for Winter
- Read Between the Lines
- Buying a House: Right Size vs. Right Budget
- 4 Things to Know About an HOA
- The Top Tax Benefits of Homeownership
- Purchase an Existing Home or a New Build?
- 4 First-time Homebuyer Mistakes
- 5 Tips for First-time Homebuyers
- Which Loan Program is Right for You?
- Comparison of 4 Popular Loan Types
I want a low down payment.
I'm worried about my credit score.
I want to understand the mortgage process better.
- Virtual Homebuying and Financing
- Can Quick Be Too Quick?
- Calculating Your DTI
- Appraisals vs. Home Inspections
- 4 Benefits of Working With a Real Estate Agent
- Product Solutions for Today’s Unique Market
- What is a Home Mortgage?
- FAQs About Mortgages
- Fixed vs. Variable
- Conventional Mortgages
- Residential Mortgages
- Tips for a Simple Loan Approval
- E-Consent and E-Sign
- Viewing the Closing Disclosure
- Do I Need Flood Insurance?
I'm in the military or a veteran.
I'm buying a home that needs repairs or renovation, OR I'm making repairs and renovations on my current house.
- An All-in-One Renovation Loan Can Save You Money Compared to a Purchase-Only Loan!
- 7 Tips for Finding the Right Contractor for Your Home Improvements
- What is the Best Way to Finance Your Home Improvements?
- What Renovations Add the Best Value to Your Home
- Should I Stay or Should I Go?
- Home Renovation (Infographic)
I'm ready to move or want to sell my home.
I'm going through big life events, but have a mortgage to pay.
I'm looking for the perfect neighborhood.
I am a homeowner and looking for tips.
- Sharing Goodness With Chocolate Chip Cookies
- One Person’s Junk May Be Another Person's Treasure!
- No More Excuses: Go Meet Your Neighbors
- Transform Your Backyard Into a Peaceful Escape
- Time to Talk Trash
- Show Your Pet Some Extra Love
- Tips for Starting a Flower Garden
- Tile Trends on the Rise in 2020
- Tips to Trim Your Energy Costs