4 Strategies to Conquer the Down Payment for First-Time Homebuyers
If you have ever wondered what the big secrets are about the down payment, you’re not alone. When it comes to buying your first house, it’s by far the largest hurdle as well as the scariest. Talk around the La Croix machine at the office or the Cornhole court with friends may have given rise to some standard myths about how much money is needed to get the ball rolling toward homeownership.
The information you are looking for about mortgages inevitably is tied to your current home financing needs and goals. Click on one or more of the following statements that best describes you to find helpful articles relevant to your situation.
I'm a first-time homebuyer.
- 9 Homeowner Tasks to Prepare for Winter
- Read Between the Lines
- Buying a House: Right Size vs. Right Budget
- 4 Things to Know About an HOA
- The Top Tax Benefits of Homeownership
- Purchase an Existing Home or a New Build?
- 4 First-time Homebuyer Mistakes
- 5 Tips for First-time Homebuyers
- Which Loan Program is Right for You?
- Comparison of 4 Popular Loan Types
I want a low down payment.
I'm worried about my credit score.
I want to understand the mortgage process better.
- Virtual Homebuying and Financing
- Can Quick Be Too Quick?
- Calculating Your DTI
- Appraisals vs. Home Inspections
- 4 Benefits of Working With a Real Estate Agent
- Product Solutions for Today’s Unique Market
- What is a Home Mortgage?
- FAQs About Mortgages
- Fixed vs. Variable
- Conventional Mortgages
- Residential Mortgages
- Tips for a Simple Loan Approval
- E-Consent and E-Sign
- Viewing the Closing Disclosure
- Do I Need Flood Insurance?
I'm in the military or a veteran.
I'm buying a home that needs repairs or renovation, OR I'm making repairs and renovations on my current house.
- An All-in-One Renovation Loan Can Save You Money Compared to a Purchase-Only Loan!
- 7 Tips for Finding the Right Contractor for Your Home Improvements
- What is the Best Way to Finance Your Home Improvements?
- What Renovations Add the Best Value to Your Home
- Should I Stay or Should I Go?
- Home Renovation (Infographic)