Buying a House: Right Size vs. Right Budget
You’ve been around the block a few times, enough that you’re finally getting this adulting thing under control, and what do you know? Something’s missing. Or it’s not, you just know that you’re ready to start looking into a new venture, and what’s better than buying a house? That really screams “adult.”
The information you are looking for about mortgages inevitably is tied to your current home financing needs and goals. Click on one or more of the following statements that best describes you to find helpful articles relevant to your situation.
I'm a first-time homebuyer.
- Buying a House: Right Size vs. Right Budget
- Four Things to Know About an HOA
- The Top Tax Benefits of Homeownership
- Purchase an Existing Home or a New Build?
- Four First-time Homebuyer Mistakes
- Five Tips for First-time Homebuyers
- Which Loan Program is Right for You?
- Comparison of Four Popular Loan Types
- Thinking Outside-the-box to Get Inside a Home (Infographic)
I'm worried about my credit score.
- Facts About Credit Scores (Infographic)
I want to understand the mortgage process better.
- Calculating Your DTI
- Appraisals vs. Home Inspections
- Four Benefits of Working With a Real Estate Agent
- Product Solutions for Today’s Unique Market
- What is a Home Mortgage?
- FAQs About Mortgages
- Fixed vs. Variable
- Conventional Mortgages
- Residential Mortgages
- Tips for a Simple Loan Approval
- E-Consent and E-Sign
- Viewing the Closing Disclosure
- Do I Need Flood Insurance?
I'm in the military or a veteran.
I'm buying a home that needs repairs or renovation, OR I'm making repairs and renovations on my current house.
- An All-in-One Renovation Loan Can Save You Money Compared to a Purchase-Only Loan!
- Seven Tips for Finding the Right Contractor for Your Home Improvements
- What is the Best Way to Finance Your Home Improvements?
- What Renovations Add the Best Value to Your Home
- Should I Stay or Should I Go?
- Home Renovation (Infographic)