Learn more about Refinancing your mortgage
Are you getting the most out of your mortgage?
Your mortgage doesn’t get better with age. In fact, it can benefit from regular checkups to make sure it stays affordable and in great shape. Connect with your Loan Officer to get insight into when the time is right to refinance—whether it’s cashing out equity, shortening your loan term, or lowering your rate.
Refinancing might be a good fit if:
- Interest rates are lower now than when you got your loan
- You want to cash in on your home’s equity
- You’d like to remove mortgage insurance
A few key benefits of refinancing:
- Flexible options – Refinancing gives you the chance to refresh your loan—changing its terms, length, or type—as well as cash out on equity to pay down debt, renovate, fund a vacation, or for anything you’d like.
- Potential cost-saver – Removing mortgage insurance, lowering your interest rate, or shorterning your loan term may help you to save significantly over the life of your loan.
Don’t let myths about refinancing hold you back
Myth #1: You can only refinance once
False! You can actually refinance your loan as many times as you’d like. Fees do apply, and your Loan Officer can help you decide when it’s worth it.
Myth #2: You need 20% equity in your home to refinance
Nope! While you need to hit 20% equity to remove mortgage insurance, you can still refinance to a new rate or loan type at any time.