Learn more about Down Payment Assistance
Need help with your down payment?
State Housing Agency and Down Payment Assistance (DPA) Programs make affordable homeownership possible for those who need a little help. Because we work with a multitude of different DPA Programs, we can help with almost any circumstance.
A few key benefits of DPA Programs:
- Make homeownership more affordable – Thousands of DPA Programs exist, and this may make it possible for some homeowners to pay as little as 0% down for their home.
- Down payment flexibility – Down payment assistance may be available in the form of a grant or a standard, deferred, or a forgivable loan.
A DPA Program might be a good fit if you:
- Need help with your down payment
- Want to pay little or no money down on a home
- Want to cover your closing costs
Don't let myths about DPA Programs hold you back
Myth #1: Only first-time homebuyers qualify
False! While many DPA Programs are for first-time homebuyers, there are programs that are designed to help reduce the cost of homeownership for anyone who may need help with the down payment that qualifies—not just for your first house.
Myth #2: DPA Programs don't cover closing costs
Not true! Many DPA Programs allow funds to be used towards both down payments and closing if needed.