Learn more about USDA Loans
Affordable homeownership, outside city limits
Government-backed USDA Loans are made for those looking to move to rural and some suburban areas that have been approved. These loans are a great option if you’d like to live in a less populated place or purchase land—without having to put money down.
A few key benefits of USDA Loans:
- Full financing available – A USDA Loan provides the option of up to 100% financing—meaning there’s no down payment required. This makes the loan popular among first-time and low- to moderate-income homebuyers.
- Reasonable rate – USDA Loans are backed by the government, and often come with a competitive interest rate.
A USDA Loan might be a good fit if you:
- Want to live in a rural or suburban area
- Are looking for a low or no down payment
- Would like to buy somewhere with less than 35,000 people
Don’t let myths about USDA Loans hold you back
Myth #1: USDA Loans are only for farms
Nope! Just because the U.S. Department of Agriculture insures the loan doesn’t mean it’s only for agriculture. Any property in USDA-approved zones may qualify, even areas on the outskirts of major cities.
Myth #2: You can only have one USDA Loan at a time, and it must be for primary residence
False! A USDA Loan can be used multiple times. If you’ve already purchased with a USDA Loan in the past, you may qualify to use it again when selling and buying a new house and can continue to use them so long as you qualify.